Thursday, May 18, 2006

Running Smoothly

I checked on the bees today (in the Top Bar Hive) and everything apears to be running smoothly. They're building comb on Bars 1-7 and have drawn all the foundation on 1-4. The queen appears to have been unharmed despite the rough handleing 4 days ago and every cell that I looked at had an egg in it. The bees were a little flighty but, no stings in the gloves or skin. I moved them up onto the cinderblocks and now the hive is around waist hight and given I won't be doing any supering, that's just about perfect. The bees seem to be foraging just fine and the palmetto blooms will be opening up by next week and some have already opened. The Russian hive (on the same location but, in standard langstroth boxes) appears to need supering, just by the activety at the enterence. I'll have some photos of the TBH this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home